WHAT ARE THE HACKER ETHICS? by unknown
What are the Hacker ethics?
The best source on the subject is Stephen Levy's Hackers: Heroes of
the Computer Revolution, Bantam books, 1984. There's a new 10th
anniversary issue with a new afterword published in 1994.
1. Access to computers-and anything which might teach you something
about the way the world works-should be unlimited and total.
Always yield to the Hands-On imperative!
2. All information should be free.
3. Mistrust Authority-Promote Decentralization.
4. Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not bogus criteria such
such degrees, age, race, or position.
5. You can create art and beauty on a computer.
6. Computers can change (your) life for the better.
a joke production
... and then again!